Sunday 17 January 2010

I Am a Snowman - Story 2

Winter is once again with us and in Winter, rain and snow also come. Needless to say, I love Winter since without the rain, the cold and snow, I cannot be!

I am made of snow, which is frozen weather and rain coming down from the sky. Snow fills all the streets, gardens, roof tops and even cars.

Children really love to see snow because they use it for many kinds of games and one of them us building snowmen just like me. They begin by piling up a lot of snow together into an oval to form my body and then above my body they place a round ball of snow which becomes my head.

Now comes the nicest part; children have a lot of ideas how to decorate my face. Sometimes they use a large orange carrot as my nose and two small brown potatoes as my eyes. For my mouth, children love to put two pieces of red pepper. Children put small pieces of coal on my body as buttons. Sometimes they dress me up with an old hat and coat to keep me warm!

I love being a snowman since I make children and grown ups happy when they see me. I am most beautiful during Christmas time and if I am left quietly alone, I will last till Spring when I will melt away little by little.

by Daniela Magro-Conti

1 comment:

  1. We like your story because it is long and big with lovely writing. We love the way you gave information.

    Emily L and Emily T

    ReplyDelete