Tuesday 12 January 2010

I am a Christmas Tree - Story 1


Each Christian country celebrates Christmas in its special way. Part of these celebrations include Christmas decorations. No other Christmas decoration, apart from the figure of Baby Jesus and the crib is more popular than myself – the Christmas Tree!
I was a German invention over a hundred years ago. Today, I can be found all over the world. I began as a natural tree, however, since in many places trees like me could not be found, man-made looking trees made me popular everywhere. I come in various sizes and colours. The largest Christmas tree is usually decorated in a large open square in the city of New York. I am so happy that people decorate me in all sorts of things, however, nothing pleases me more than when someone decorates me in a traditional way with sweets and small toys. At the very top of me, an angel or a star are placed. Christmas lights are also places on my branches and during the night nothing is more beautiful!
Father Christmas prefers to place presents under Christmas trees and this makes me even more important.
by Daniela Magro-Conti

No comments:

Post a Comment