Sunday 24 January 2010

I Am a Sheep - Story 1

I am a sheep, the youngest of the flock. My fellow-sheep call me “Curly Curly” because of my curly short wool. I seem to be the shepherd’s favourite little sheep since he likes to carry me on his shoulders and calls me “My Plumpy One.” We sheep are very proud of ourselves because we have been chosen by Jesus in His stories.

Our shepherd wakes up early in the morning and takes us on the hills or in the fields to drink fresh water from the stream and eat fresh green grass. If we get lost, the shepherd throws small stones near us with a sling and we go back to the flock. We are fat, so we can’t run very fast and our feet are tiny, therefore if we fall somewhere and the shepherd does not notice that we fell down and doesn’t come to save us, we can die. If we are tired, the shepherd gives us a piece of cheese to get our energy back.

We sheep are very happy that we give products to people such as milk, wool, sheepskin and meat which is called mutton and that is what I don’t really like to talk about! From milk, cheese is usually made. However, we sheep are best known all over the world because of our wool. Early in Summer, the shepherd shaves off our wool and so we feel fresh and meanwhile new wool will be growing to protect us from the Winter cold. Our wool is used to make clothing to keep people warm.

I hope that people appreciate our cosy wool. I am very pleased that we sheep are useful to men. I am very happy that I am a sheep and I have a shepherd who takes good care of me and loves me so much!

Daniela Magro-Conti

3 comments:

  1. You put lots of work in your story and lots of detail.

    Kerr and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how much writing you have put in the story. Good job!

    Katherine and David

    ReplyDelete