Thursday 1 April 2010

Who Am I?


One day there was the window cleaner cleaning the windows of our house. My mother told her that she was going to the grocer to buy some food. To go there, my mother needed to wait for the bus because the grocer was far away. The bus driver stopped the bus when my mother arrived. On her way back from the grocer, my mother went to the butcher to buy meat and after riding the bus back home, she went to the fishermonger to buy fish and at the baker to buy bread. On the way home, my mother met the postman who gave her a letter which said that she had won a competition. She had won anew mobile phone! She met my teacher, Miss Magro who told her that I did my work well. My mother met our friend, Sam the milkman who was driving his milkvan. As she arrived home, a coal merchant phoned my mother and told her that he will bring the coal for the fireplace as soon as the mechanic finishes repairs on his truck. Mr. White, a pilot, who is my dad’s friend, phoned my dad to give him the telephone number of the builder. The farmer’s wife phoned my mother about the new cook at the bowling club who is very good. Today, a lot of people phoned at home and we all agreed that we should hire a telephone operator if we keep receiving so many telephone calls! Jane the hairdresser, came over to our house after work to ask my mother if she could change her appointment. Later in the day, my father came back from work and took me to see the horse show. It was wonderful to see jockeys on the beautiful horses. While we were at the horse show, mother went to pick up the new mobile phone she had won and then went to the hairdresser to do her hair. On our way home, we saw brave firemen putting out a fire in a field which was burning and destroying lots of trees and vegetables. This made the farmer who owned the field feeling very sad and miserable. When father and I arrived home, we found the coal merchant waiting for us. He placed the coal in the garage so that in Winter, we will have a nice warm fireplace. Soon after, father phoned the builder for an appointment. Mother and father wanted to build another bathroom since the present one is no longer suitable for us to use!

Daniela Magro-Conti

No comments:

Post a Comment