Thursday 1 April 2010

I am a Chick - Story 3

I am a little cute chick. I have soft yellow feathers and I have an orange beak and orange feet too. During Springtime a lot of animals have their young. I was born in Springtime with my brothers and sisters. I have two sisters and three brothers. However, since we were chickens chicks, it need not be Spring for us to hatch.

My father is a strong big cock with multi-coloured feathers, mainly brown and red. My mother is a beautiful chicken with white feathers all over with a few brown feathers round her head.

I enjoy running around together with my brother and sister chicks but very close to our mother in the farmer’s big yard. The farmer takes good care of us. He feeds us three times a day and cleans our yard and our chicken house. The farmer likes me a lot since everyday he picks me up and carries me inside his farmhouse and his wife and children stay patting and kissing me. However, when the farmer takes me back to the yard, I still run close to my mother.

I am happy to be a baby chick but I know that I have to grow up and become a beautiful hen like my mother!

Daniela Magro-Conti

No comments:

Post a Comment